Dowling Street will once again be turned into a unique alfresco dining experience, taking advantage of its impressive wide streetscape for an evening under the stars not to be missed.
The reason Dowling Street, the high street of Dungog, is amazingly wide compared to cluttered main streets in the rest of the world is because great droves of cattle were driven down the main road on their way to market. At the Dungog Festival it is transformed, for one night only, into a gracious dining venue for 200 guests at a single long table.
This iconic event has been the most overwhelmingly memorable and successful event of previous festivals. The long table is elegantly set for a sumptuous three course meal to be served under the stars, with the surrounding heritage buildings floodlit creating a wonderfully ambient backdrop.
This is a not to be missed event, tickets are limited don’t hesitate with booking your Early bird tickets.
The James Theatre is running a special pre-dinner screening of Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (PG) UK (2018), at 6:00pm.
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again travels back in time, visiting Donna’s (played by Meryl Streep and Lily James) young life and showing the fun she had with the three possible Dads of Sophie (played by Amanda Seyfriend). Sophie is now pregnant and, like Donna, she will be a young mother. She realises, with laughter and music along the way, that she will need to take risks just as her mother did.
You can pre-book online when tickets are released or tickets are available at the door. If you are not pre-booking, we suggest arriving at least 20 minutes before the film starts to avoid disappointment.
- In addition to the complimentary glass of champaign on entry, there will be a bar open for the purchase of both non and alcoholic beverages on the evening.
- Table water, tea and coffee are included in the ticket price.
- We can cater for those who have special dietary requirements, such as vegan vegetarian and gluten free, please clearly specify on each ticket you purchase.
- In the interest of public safety, Dowling Street will be closed to traffic between Brown Street and the entrance lane to IGA from 4 pm and between Brown Street and Mill Lane from 6 pm to 12 midnight. Detours will be in place. IGA have kindly agreed to close at 6:00pm to help facilitate the dinner setup.
- In the event of inclement wet weather, an alternative venue will be advised.
- Due to overwhelming demand for Long Table Dinner tickets we are unable to provide refunds.
This event is organised by: Dungog Arts Foundation, a registered charity. All donations are fully tax-deductible.
Dowling Street, DUNGOG NSW
between Brown Street and Mill Lane
Saturday, 29 September 2018
7:30 Welcome drinks
Complimentary glass of champagne
Three course meal
Early Bird Tickets:
$2.00 Booking fee
Full Price Tickets:
BE QUICK A
$2.00 Booking fee
Donation: Why not add a tax-deductible donation to the festival and help make it bigger and better than ever.